Friday, July 13, 2012

Nan Kathryn Fuchs Replies

On Wednesday, July 4th, you may remember I wrote a blog about a Dr. Nan Kathryn Fuchs, who writes a woman's health newsletter. The blog was titled,

Supplement peddlers, supplement peddlers every where, Nor any drop of truth to drink.

Paste http://mdprevent.blogspot.com/2012/07/supplement-peddlers-supplement-peddlers.html into a browser to read the blog.


I told you that I had inquired about her educational degree and if I ever got a response, I would share it with you. Today the response came and here it is:


"Nutrition, from Donsbach University, which is no longer in existence."

That's all there was. No salutation, nothing else.

Here's what I could find about this Donsbach University, now no longer in existence, and apparently for good reason. 

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/donsbachuniv.html

Not a pretty picture.  As I've written before, Caveat Lector, let the reader beware of advice offered by so called experts.  I find, in general, the advice offered by Fuchs and many of her so called self-proclaimed expert peers to be offensive. Nevertheless, they are protected under the laws of free speech so you are advised to simply ignore them. If you do, maybe they will go away. We can only hope.


3 comments:

  1. today I got an email from Dr Frank Shallenberger trying to sell me a memory pill. He lost his license to practice in California and is under investigation in Nevada. He lists as his collegues Dr. Janet Zand, who is not a doctor ant all and Dr. Nan Fuchs-"-three peas" as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I received an email from Dr. (?) Nans Fuchs on "The Case against Detoxing." She was selling a supplement and offering a free report. Fortunately, I found your candid assessment of her on the internet and feel relieved that you exposed her false credentials. I have partnered with a Swedish nutrition therapist and we fervently believe in the power of healthy whole foods and lifestyle. We are interested in your Longevity Club, and creating an alliance among like-minded doctors and therapists who champion the benefits of healthy lifestyles both in Europe and globally. Any information you can provide us would be helpful; we are guest speakers at the Nordic Lifestyle Conference in Stockholm in April. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Dr. Charlap for sharing your findings with us !

    ReplyDelete